|Dickinson County Racing Association|
|ARTICLE I: DICKINSON COUNTY RACING ASSOCIATION, INC.
ARTICLE II: MEMBERSHIP
B. Membership entitles an individual to all rights and privileges provided by DCRA at DCRA meetings and at DCRA events.
C. Membership dues shall be on a calendar year basis, of an amount set annually by the Executive Board. Current DCRA membership is required to vote on DCRA matters.
D. Current year memberships will not be sold after the last point race of the season. Membership renewals and new memberships will be available as of the November general membership meeting.
E. Race divisions that vote on rules require the driver or owner who has previously participated in 3 race dates.
ARTICLE III: ADMINISTRATION
2. Members of the Executive Board shall be elected by a majority vote of DCRA members present or by proxy at the annual general membership meeting to be held in October of each year. Written notice of elections shall be provided to each active member of the DCRA.
b. Vice-President: The Vice-President shall be responsible for assisting the President in supervising DCRA activities. The Vice-President shall temporarily assume all duties of the President in the event that the President is Temporarily Absent.
c. Secretary: The Secretary shall be responsible for an accurate and up to date record of all DCRA activities. The Secretary shall also be responsible for all written communication between the Executive Board and the general membership as well as written communication between DCRA and business associates.
d. Treasurer: The Treasurer shall be responsible for all financial obligations and assets of DCRA. The treasurer shall also be responsible for maintaining an accurate record of all financial transactions relating to DCRA funds. An updated financial report shall be prepared by the Treasurer and available at each regular meeting of the general membership.
e. Member at Large: The Member at Large shall attend Executive board meetings and act as a voting member in all Executive Board Matters.
4. Policies and Regulations:
The Executive Board shall become a DCRA member, develop, administer and enforce policies and regulations relating to the operation of DCRA activities. In the even of split decisions within the membership of the Executive Board, a majority vote of Board Members shall be considered final.
6. Additional Responsibilities:
b. Assuring that all insurance liabilities are paid as soon as reasonably possible in accordance with existing insurance policies, and that all regulations required by insurance carriers are strictly enforced.
c. The signing of contracts with Dickinson County Fair Board and service providers as needed.
7. Replacement of Executive Board Members:
8. Compensation of Executive Board Members:
b. Board members shall not be compensated for duties on race night if other competent personnel are available to perform those services.
ARTICLE IV: IMPEACHMENT PROCESS
2. The written petition shall hold the signatures of a number of members equal to ten (10) percent of the previous year�s membership.
3. The presentation of the petition to the Executive Board shall be ay any general membership meeting during which there are a number of members equal to ten (10) percent of the previous years membership present.
4. A special meeting of the general membership will be called by the Executive board within one (1) month of receipt of the petition for the purpose of the impeachment vote, with written notice being provided to all active members of DCRA to be mailed at least seven (7) days prior to said meeting date. The final decision will be made by secret ballot and must be supported by a 2/3 majority of active members in attendance or proxy.
5. Impeachment will be effective immediately upon completion of the ballot count.
ARTICLE V: MEETINGS
B. The annual meeting of the general membership shall be held during the month of October of each year. There will also be general membership meetings held each month during the non-racing season. Notice of said meetings shall be published prior to each meeting.
C. Special Meetings of the general membership may be called by the Executive Board, the President or by written request to the President signed by a number of members equal to ten (10) percent of the previous years membership. Written notice of special meetings shall be sent to all active DCRA members, to be e-mailed / mailed no less than seven (7) days prior to the date of said meeting. Said notice shall state the purpose for the special meeting.
D. A quorum of a number of members equal to ten (10) percent of the previous years membership will be required before any official business may be transacted.
ARTICLE VI: PROXY
B. Any active DCRA member may accept nomination to office by proxy, under condition that acceptance for each nomination be submitted on a �Proxy Nomination� form supplied by DCRA or a copy of said form.
ARTICLE VII: GRIEVANCE
B. The Executive Board shall be required to respond to all written grievances by written reply no later than fourteen (14) days following the receipt of said grievance.
ARTICLE VIII: AMENDMENT
ARTICLE IX: DISSOLUTION