SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Stock 2017 DQ Dogs "Fab Four" Rules
- Fire suits are recommended. Full coverage clothing from wrist and ankle to neck is required. Cotton recommended. No nylon or polyester.
- Leather gloves required.
- Leather boots or racing boots required.
- Roll bar padding required in driver compartment.
- Helmet is mandatory. Snell-rated SA2005 or SA2010 helmet recommended. Neck brace is recommended. If helmet is open face then eye protection is mandatory.
- Window net is required. Ribbon or mesh style, no string window nets allowed.
- Kill switch required within easy reach of driver and must be clearly marked "Off" and "On".
• Fire extinguisher recommended. Mandatory in 2017.
Any three, four, or six-cylinder front wheel drive passenger car with a maximum wheelbase length of 110". No turbo-chargers, no convertibles, pick-up trucks or vans or four wheel drive cars. If so equipped, all wheel steering cars must disable rear steering. Baseline models only. Norway, thunder Valley, and cars with similar rules are eligible to run per their track rules, and if enough enter, they will run as a separate class.
Driver must be 13 years old and have signed waiver from both parents and legal guardian.
Body and Glass
All glass must be removed except front windshield. Lexan windshield is permitted, but if used, must include bracing with a minimum of two 3/8" diameter steel bars for safety and support. A screen may be used in place of a windshield. Drivers using a screen must wear a full face helmet. If there is no windshield a four (4) pint roll cage is mandatory.
All exterior trim including lights, body moldings, mirrors, etc., must be removed. All doors must be chained or welded shut. Door bars are recommended for driver’s door. The exterior protection plate for a driver’s door must be a five foot long, 1/8" steel plate six inches wide, welded or bolted to the outside of the driver’s door, centered between 18 to 22 inches from ground, and overlapping to the adjacent panels. For 4 door cars, protection plate may be extended past rear doors. Rub rails are allowed. Hood and trunk must be secured with hood pins only and must use stock hinges. No other latching devices permitted unless approved by technical inspector.
Cars equipped with hatchbacks must retain them as stock and must be welded chained, or pinned to secure. Cars equipped with sunroof must remove glass and cover roof hole with minimum 16 gauge steel, no aluminum and must be welded or riveted. NO SCREWS.
Bumpers may be capped with 16 gauge steel no wider that the bumper. . Bumpers may be homemade. Homemade bumpers are not to exceed manufacture bumper, sides must be wrapped or capped, with rounded ends. No 90 degree corners.
- Stock fuel tank recommended, mounted in stock location. If stock fuel tank was located behind rear axle, it must be removed and replaced with fuel cell or marine type tank mounted in the trunk, securely fastened with two 1" x 1/16" straps in each direction bolted through the floor with reinforcing plates or in a safety constructed frame. Fuel cells/boat tanks must be at least 10" forward from rear panel of car and must be between frome rails. No bottom draw tanks. Cars equipped with fuel cells/boat tanks must have a sealed protective metal barrier between the driver and the fuel cell. Maximum fuel cell size 8.5 gallons. If fuel pump is rewired directly to switch it must be clearly marked for shut off purposes. A master shut off switch is mandatory. Switch should be located on outside of car on driver side clearly marked "off" and "on".
- All flammable materials must be removed except the driver’s seat and full factory dash is suggested to be removed. The driver’s door panel must be kept in place. Driver’s seat may be changed. Window nets are required on driver’s side. No string window nets. Four point seat belts are required. A five point harness is strongly recommended! No cutting or gutting interior steel panels. Door panels or bracing allowed. Air bags must be removed or disconnected.
- Roll bars or cages are required. It is your responsibility to construct a cage or roll bar capable of protecting you from injury. A minimum of an H bar mounted to the roof and floor. If it has kickback bars it does not have to be mounted to the roof. 1 ¾" diameter by .095" wall tubing only. Using tubing of a different size may result in penalty laps if you are permitted to race at all. A single hoop bar with 2 angled down bars must be welded, or bolted with sandwich plates (4"x4"x1/8") to the car. Hoop must be full height and width of car. Down bars must connect at a pint at least 2/3rds of the way up the hoop. This is the minimum required, but you may make a four point cage if you prefer. Bends should be made with a bender (no kinks) or be miter cut, welded and gusseted. Nor portion or roll bar or cage is to pass through the firewall or be attached to the frame so as to stiffen the car.
- If in stock location, battery must be securely mounted and tied down. Top post batteries must be covered to protect from short out.
- Battery may be relocated, but must be securely mounted with steel to steel tie down required. Batteries mounted in passenger compartment must be in a plastic or steel case of sufficient size to hold the entire acid content of the battery in case of rollover.
- If battery can be moved at all by tech inspector, you will be required to put it back under the hood.
- Stock as delivered from manufacturer with no modifications. Must be capable of locking all four wheels. Stock proportioning valves only, for car as manufactured.
- Transmission and Axles Stock as delivered from manufacture with no modifications. Working forward and reverse gears.
- Required: 2" maximum diameter exhaust pipe with muffler. Catalytic converter may be removed or gutted. Exhaust system must run from engine to somewhere beyond driver’s seat and under the floor pan. No aftermarket large bore muffler allowed. OEM Headers, must match car make, model and year.
Steering and Suspension
- Stock as delivered from manufacturer. No modifications or after market performance parts. Car must maintain stock ride attitude.1 ½" on all 4 wheel max camber. Front strut tower bar allowed with no adjustment. Heating and Cutting springs allowed.
- Stock or aftermarket radiators. Fan shroud required if fan is engine driven. NO ANTIFREEZE! Water only.
Tires and Wheels
- Passenger car tires only. Must be "P" rated or metric equivalent. No "LT". 60, 65, 70, 75, or 80 series tires only are allowed. No shaving grinding, buffing, or profiling. No racing, mud, or snow tires. No re-caps, softening, conditioning, sanding, or grooving allowed. Both front wheels must use stock length wheel studs. Maximum tire size is 215x16 by 60 through 80.
- Magnetic steel, no aftermarket. Stock offset wheels only. Tire sizes may be mixed but tires must be 13", 14", 15" or 16" rim size. Additionally, rim sizes cannot be mixed. All rims must have same offset. No Modifying stock rim.
- Stock as delivered from manufacturer. Complete stock motor for car used with NO MODIFICATIONS or after market performance parts allowed. Unnecessary wiring, air compressors, smog pumps, heater and air conditioning components may be removed. Cold air intakes allowed. OEM Computer must match, make, model, and year.
NOTE:If you fail to meet these specifications, you will be allowed to race but will NOT be scored. Please note if you do not comply with the above listed rules you MAY be granted a one(1) week grace period at desecration of the board, after that point if you return with the same infraction(s) you MAY be allowed to race but it will be in the back of the slowest race, and you will not be granted points for that night.
- Required: Numbers must be a minimum of 18" high in a contrasting color on booth doors and roof. 6" number on upper right corner of windshield and on trunk right side. Numbers must be readable. Absolutely no duplicate numbers. Numbers are on a first registered basis. If you had number in previous year you will be able to keep same number until you no longer race. Please contact pit coordinator prior to putting number on car to make sure number is available. If number is already registered by someone else you will be required to get a different number. Letters before or after will not be accepted.
- All cars are subject to a minimum specification inspection at any time. It is the responsibility of the driver to prepare their car FREE of defects and in safe racing condition.
Important: Only the items listed may be allowed. This means every item must remain as delivered from the manufacturer on items of limited production. The baseline model shall be used to determine legality.
4 Cylinder Point Chart
To follow the same format as Super Stock and Late Models. See Track policy for structure.
Addendum: 4 Cylinder Point chart changed to match other divisions. 5/23/17