Norway Speedway, located in Norway, Michigan is a third mile oval track that is slightly banked. The track, originally built a dirt track in 1942, was blacktopped in 1979. Racing is held on Friday evenings from Mid May through Labor Day weekend when the champions are crowned during the fair. Specials include the Auto-Value Challenge Series, Race to a Cure Cancer Race and Stateline Challenge along with a yearly appearance of the Midwest Tour and their Stars challenging our Hero's! The Speedway is located between State Hwy 141 and US Hwy 2 just south of town on US Hwy 8 at the Dickinson County Fairgrounds.
*Race Schedule ( Friday Nights)
*Pit gate opens at: 3:00pm
*Practice starts at: 4:00pm
*Grandstands open at: 5:00pm
*Qualifying at: 5:45pm
*Racing Starts: 7:00pm*
Questions can be directed to the tracks email at: email@example.com or by reaching out to any member of the Executive Board below.
Admission Prices: 2017
$10 adult (18 and up ),
$8 Senior (65 & up),
$7 Students, 6 & under/*Active Military FREE*
Family Pass ( 2 Adults & 2 Students ) $25
Pit Passes 2017 :
- Pit slabs fee $40 for the year (will go up to $75 on 4/1/17)
-$10.00 a night pit slab rental for drivers not paying the yearly fee(pay nightly or it will be deducted out of nightly pay)
-2017 Memberships are $30 & Season pit passes will be $180 which includes your $30 membership card. The season pit pass is not good for the Midwest tour race & fair weekend.
- Traveling Drivers: New for 2016, the Norway Speedway officials will honor your home track 2016 membership club card from your track! This is for the DRIVER only, with that being said when you come and race with us in 2016 you'll only have to pay the standard $15 pit pass fee.
-Attention Sands Speedway Drivers: The Norway Speedway officials wanted to invite you guys/gals down to race with us as much as you can in 2016 with little to no changes in rules to make the transition as smooth as possible. We love travelers coming down to race, run your tires/rules & if you have any questions or concerns just ask. 2016 is going to be a huge year so come down & have some FUN!
Private Practice Rules: John Ostermann will be in charge of all private practices, please contact John @ (906) 361-0597
1. The only days are Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday (NO EXCEPTIONS)
2. Times, 4pm-8pm (NO EXCEPTIONS)
3. Have to rent in two hour time slots at $40 per hour
4. ONE car per two hour time slot (NO EXCEPTIONS)
5. Norway Speedway division type cars only (NO EXCEPTIONS)
6. Driver/Crew is responsible for clean-up and damages (NO EXCEPTIONS)
7. Rent is payed in full before car hits the track (NO EXCEPTIONS)
8. The board will work with renter if weather is an issue.
9. All people in pit area must sign insurance waiver (NO EXCEPTIONS)
10. The DCRA board has the final say in private practice!
Executive Board 2017
President : Bruce White - 906-774-5014
Secretary : John Ostermann - (906) 361-0597 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Member at Large : John Novara - 906-282-1307
Vice President : Bob Bourdeau Phone: 906-398-7005 Email: Bulletbourdeau@charter.net
Treasurer : Julie Iverson Phone: 906-280-1580 Email: email@example.com
Norway Speedway Track Champions!
Norway Speedway Track Champions!